Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Tiger of Malaysia

There was a period in my childhood in which I had no game consoles, and the cable company didn't have service in the neighborhood, just outside of the town, in which me and my family lived. Reluctantly. I took reading as my source of escapism, and it was Treasure Island what finally hooked me into reading (and that only because of Takarajima, which was my favorite cartoon back when we lived near civilization and delicius cable).

Treasure Island got me so much into pirates, that after finishing that I DEVOURED the whole Sandokan series. What does that have to do with anything? Well, today on the train I saw a dude that looked EXACTLY like I used to imagine the character in my head! It is an uncanny feeling. Here are some sketches.



No comments: